Frequently Asked Questions - RTI



How I can seek information under RTI Act?

    One can write letter addressed to Public Information Officer, CBSE( Click here for detailed address and jurisdiction) and ask for the information he/she desires. One should specifically write the following in the letter:-

        (i)      Information required

        (ii)     Details of Fee of Rs 10/- sent by applicant( Should be attached in form of a Demand Draft/Postal order in name of Secretary, CBSE).

                 Fee in Cash can also be  deposited with the Cashier of the HQ or the concerned Regional Offices.

        (iv)    Address of the applicant where the information is to be sent


Is there any form for applying under RTI?

    As such CBSE does not prescribe any form for seeking information under RTI Act. One can simply write a request along with the fee and information required. Applicants belonging to BPL (Below poverty line) are exempt from depositing the fee subject to production of the proof.


What if I want photocopy of the documents/information available with the CBSE?

    If you want the copy of some documents you have to send the photocopying charges( 2 Rs /copy) alongwith the postal charges to send the documents.


What if I do not get a reply?

    Normally information is sent within a period of 30 days from the receipt of the RTI application in CBSE. However If you do not get a reply you can submit first appeal to the appellate authority (Click here for detailed address and jurisdiction). In case you do not get the reply of the first appeal you may submit second appeal to the Central Information Commission, Club Building (Opp Ber Sarai Market), Old JNU Campus, New Delhi-110067.


Link to the other FAQs from the website of Central Information Commission.